16 February 2011

It's fun to stay at the...

YMCA!

With my new office location comes a wonderful workout facility just adjacent to the building.  The close proximity makes it nearly impossible to skip a workout, and the sparkly new gym beckons my attendance.  The building is quite clean with the newest equipment.  Even the ladies' locker room is nice (yes, it's true!)  I especially like that there is a 'women only' fitness room.  It is so much less intimidating to pump iron without the eyes of wannabe male body-builders lurking around the corner!  I cannot wait to try the variety of classes offered either!

The best part: the entire gym is equipped with Fitlinxx.  Upon arrival you get a full-body assessment, then when you log time on a stationary bike or do a few reps of rows you simply enter your pin into the machine & it tracks EVERYTHING for you!  You can set goals, see how effective your workout was, watch your calories burn away, and so much more.  You can access the account from home as well.  It is like a personal trainer...without the person (or the price tag).  The program can suggest workouts for target areas & help you achieve various fitness goals.  Oh, and it's FREE with your membership.

For the girl who tracks everything in her life...it's a dream!

Cardio equipment as far as the eye can see.  Who wouldn't want to sweat it out to the sunrise against the skyline?

The neon Y is from the original downtown YMCA.  I love that they kept it to add a touch of antiquity.

c.

3 comments:

allison. said...

YMCA...It's fun to stay at the Y-M-C-A!

I'm ready for my free week trial!

Marc said...

Now you can pull out the spandex!

Leila! said...

I JOINED LAST MONTH!!!!
NO WAY!!!!!!!!!!!
This has made my day!