26 January 2010

simple silhouette.

as i continue to change my room, i've been inspired to create a few pieces of my own. this afternoon i created this classic cameo by using a simple flocking technique.

fun.fast.finished.

i started by printing the image on heavy-weight paper & applying a layer of glue.


then, i applied a liberal layer of flocking powder in 'pewter'.


a quick shake to dust off the excess powder.


and voila! a delicately fuzzy little silhouette.


to finish, i placed the lovely lady in an 8x10 frame with a grey matte.


a wonderful addition to my room in under an hour, and the project cost less than $20.00!.

c.

4 comments:

Dahnya said...

That is absolutely GORGEOUS!!! Can you please let me know the next time you take on something like this? I don't think I'm capable of creating such a classic piece...

PS: I love the picture of the falling, er...dust?

Leila! said...

Camille! This is just beautiful! So classic.
I have been wanting to change up my room for a while now and you're inspiring me!
Great job with this!

Eric? said...

flock my life.

Unknown said...

I am always amazed by your vast array of talent.

lol dad